Legal Representation for Santa Ana Identity Theft Victims
Identity theft can put significant financial and emotional strain on your life. Victims of identity theft should know that there is help available to get their lives back on track and stop the effects of identity theft on their life. That help can come from an identity theft attorney.
Identity theft occurs when another party takes your personal information, usually your name, Social Security number, or financial account number, and uses it for an unlawful purpose. With this information, identity thieves open credit cards, file taxes, and more recently even apply for unemployment insurance benefits in their victims’ names. Anyone can become a victim of identity theft; business owners, celebrities, and even the elderly and children fall prey to it. Under California Penal Code section 530.5, all forms of identity theft are crimes.
Identity theft might have a simple definition, but its implications are anything but. If you’ve become the victim of identity theft or think you might be at risk, now is the time to act. Reach out to our dedicated Santa Ana identity theft lawyers for help.
Common Types of Identity Theft in California
Identity theft can come in all shapes and sizes. Our Santa Ana identity theft attorneys have seen it all, but some of the most common types include:
- Account takeover fraud—someone takes over an account, such as a bank account, and uses it without your permission or knowledge
- Debit or credit card fraud—someone using your debit or credit cards, even if they don’t have physical possession of them
- Driver’s license identity theft—since they contain sensitive information such as your name, address, and driver’s license number, it can be used to commit other identity theft crimes
- Mail identity theft—stealing mail to gain access to checks, debit or credit cards, banking information, or other personal details
- Synthetic identity theft—a new but rapidly growing and sophisticated type of theft that involves using personal consumer data from many people to craft a fictitious identity
This is by far not an exhaustive list, and any type of identity theft has the potential to result in lasting financial problems and losses. To make matters worse, getting help from your financial institutions or government agencies can be an uphill battle.
Suppose you have any reason to suspect that your personal information has been compromised or is indeed being used to commit a crime. In that case, you need an advocate on your side. Our knowledgeable Santa Ana identity theft lawyers can be that advocate.
How Our Seasoned Santa Ana Identity Theft Lawyers Can Help
Identity theft is a rampant crime, with new techniques being used every day to take advantage of innocent victims. While it’s the job of law enforcement to track these criminals down, it’s our job to help you mitigate any damages and recover as best as you can from such a personal financial assault.
Identity theft victims will often need an attorney’s assistance to remove accounts on their credit report resulting from identity theft and take other actions on their behalf. You can book your case review today with the well-versed Santa Ana identity theft attorneys at Hess & Nghiem. All you have to do is call (657) 333-5726 or connect with us online.