Car Accident Attorneys in Santa Ana
Southern California is the location of a staggering number of car accidents, often resulting in unthinkable tragedy. Innocent people who just happen to be in the wrong place at the wrong time can sustain serious or catastrophic injuries, or in the worst cases, the injuries prove fatal. In most cases, car accidents are preventable, and the result of driver negligence. The NHTSA (National Highway Traffic Safety Administration) reports on the number of accidents, year to year. In the most recently reported year, the agency revealed an increase in crash fatalities, with an estimated 38,680 deaths, the largest number since 2007.
In Santa Ana and the rest of Orange County, the causes of car accidents include:
- Impaired driver: Drunk or drug-impaired driving remains a leading cause of significant injury accidents in the area.
- Distracted drivers: Texting, talking on a cell phone, adjusting in-vehicle systems, or engaging with other passengers takes the driver’s eyes and attention off the road ahead, often with tragic results.
- Speeding: Many drivers in Orange County choose to drive much faster than the law allows, putting all others sharing the streets and roadways at risk of injury or death.
- Poor vehicle maintenance: A poorly maintained vehicle is more likely to be involved in an accident, with collisions related to brake failure, tire blowouts, or other problems putting other drivers and their passengers at risk.
- Poor road conditions or design: In some cases, an accident is the result of a faulty traffic light, deep potholes, or poorly designed road. If the failure can be proven, the responsible city, county, or state agency could be held liable.
For a car accident injury claim to be successful, the elements of negligence must be proven. These include:
- Duty: The other driver owed you a duty of care. This is the legal obligation to adhere to a standard of reasonable care when performing acts that could foreseeably cause harm to others (such as operating a vehicle).
- Breach: This duty was breached when a driver failed to exercise a reasonable level of care.
- Injuries: The injuries sustained were the result of the breach of duty of care.
- Damages: The damages were the result of the injuries sustained.
Ed and Phil are knowledgeable, professional, supportive, and honest. They will tell you exactly what is going on in your case in a way that is easy to understand. Car accidents really suck but I highly recommend this law office if you are ever unfortunate enough to get injured in one. Hopefully, you never do, but Ed and Phil are the guys you want to go to when a crash does happen.”
- Hanson H.
A car accident may lead to minor injuries and property damage, but in many cases, the injuries are profoundly serious, catastrophic, or fatal. Some of the most common severe injuries sustained in car accidents include:
- Broken bones
- Severe lacerations
- Disfiguring injuries
- Traumatic brain injuries
- Spinal cord injuries
- Internal injuries
- Crush injuries
In cases of serious or catastrophic injuries, the cost of medical treatment can range into the hundreds of thousands of dollars within a few weeks. The injured person may be unable to work or suffer permanent disabilities. The damages pursued will include:
- Economic damages: The financial losses associated with the injuries, including medical bills, rehabilitation costs, lost wages, lost earning capacity, and other hard costs.
- Non-economic damages: These losses include pain and suffering, loss of quality of life, emotional anguish and other personal losses associated with the injuries.
- Punitive damages: If the accident was the result of willful and conscious disregard for the rights of safety of others, punitive damages, which are intended to punish, may be pursued.
You have many choices when searching for a car accident lawyer in Santa Ana. While all lawyers have been educated and passed the California bar, they vary in natural talent, intelligence, experience, and record. At HN Injury Lawyers, our legal team brings an outstanding level of experience and results to every case we represent. We have a combined 50 years of experience, and our two lead attorneys have achieved remarkable success in personal injury law, with Mr. Hess a member of the elite Multi-Million Dollar Advocates Forum.
For a legal team that goes beyond in the quest for justice and fair compensation, connect with us at (657) 333-5726 for a free case consultation, with no time limit.
Recent Case Results
- $500,000 - Rideshare Accident
- $500,000 - Rear-end Accident
- $325,000 - Auto Case
- $250,000 - Sideswipe Accident
Click here to view more legal case results.
- Why You Can Still File a Claim If Your Vehicle Wasn’t Damaged
- How to Recover Compensation for “Invisible Injuries” After an Accident
- Requesting a Santa Ana Crash Report
- Tailgating and How Fast Your Vehicle Can Stop