Santa Ana Rear-End Collision Lawyers
On hearing the term “rear-end collision,” many people think of a fender bender accident with minor vehicle damage and no injuries. In fact, rear-end crashes can cause serious injuries, particularly at highway speeds. Even at lower speeds, a rear-end crash can cause whiplash and other injuries to the neck, back, shoulders, and head.
If you have been rear-ended in Santa Ana by another driver and suffered injuries, don’t hesitate to hire a skilled personal injury attorney. Phillip B. Nghiem was selected for Super Lawyer’s Southern California Rising Stars list in both 2022 and 2023. In 2020, our firm was recognized by Expertise as being among the Best Truck Accident Lawyers in Santa Ana.
The HN Injury Lawyers legal team in Santa Ana has the knowledge, skills, and resources to pursue the compensation you deserve. Contact us at (657) 333-5726 to learn more about your options under the law.
A rear-end crash occurs when a driver runs into the rear of the vehicle ahead. This is the most common type of collision, accounting for approximately 29% of all crashes, as reported by the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA).
Rear-end accidents often happen at red lights, stop signs, and in heavy traffic. These types of accidents can also occur on highways when traffic comes to a sudden stop or when a driver is following too closely behind another vehicle.
Different factors can contribute to rear-end accidents. Common causes include:
- Distracted driving: Drivers who are texting or talking on the phone or otherwise distracted may not notice until it is too late that traffic ahead has slowed down or come to a complete stop.
- Tailgating: Following too closely is dangerous driving behavior. It can easily lead to a rear-end crash if the driver ahead has to stop for any reason.
- Aggressive driving: Speeding, tailgating, weaving in and out of traffic, and cutting other drivers off is reckless driving behavior that can cause rear-end accidents.
- Alcohol or drug-impaired driving: Alcohol and drugs can significantly impair driving ability. Drivers under the influence are more likely to be involved in crashes, including rear-end collisions.
When a vehicle is struck in the rear, occupants can experience a jolt from the force of impact. Common injuries in rear-end crashes include:
- Whiplash: This type of injury is caused by the violent forward and backward motion of the head and neck. It involves damage to the soft tissues of the neck and upper shoulders.
- Traumatic brain injuries (TBIs): When the impact of a vehicle being struck from behind propels the body forward and backward, it can cause the brain to move and strike the inside of the skull, damaging brain tissue. TBI can cause long-lasting, life-altering symptoms.
- Spine injuries: Rear-end crashes can injure the discs between the vertebrae in the cervical and thoracic areas of the spine. The force of these accidents can cause protruding, bulging, or herniated discs, with symptoms that may include head and neck pain and numbness or shooting pains in the extremities.
If another driver has rear-ended you, notify the police and seek emergency medical attention if necessary. Exchange information with the other driver and, if you are able, collect evidence, including pictures of the accident scene.
Even if your injuries are not severe, it’s important to consult a medical professional as soon as possible to receive a correct diagnosis and any necessary treatment. Seeing a doctor after an accident can also help your personal injury claim by providing documentation of any harm you have suffered.
At HN Injury Lawyers, we have won millions for our clients and are committed to helping you achieve the justice you deserve. Our Santa Ana legal team assesses each case with a tailored approach and is committed to providing clients with compassionate and skilled legal counsel.
We have the resources, knowledge, and experience to effectively pursue full compensation and protect your rights every step of the way. Let us navigate the legal process while you focus on healing. Call our Santa Ana car accident lawyers at (657) 333-5726 to schedule a free initial consultation.