Back Pain Injury Lawyers in Orange County
Back pain is extremely common, especially in the lower back region. Whether resulting from a severe or minor injury or daily wear and tear, most people will suffer from back problems at some point in their lives. Back injury is the most frequent cause of back pain. High-energy events, such as a car crash or work-related activities, such as heavy lifting, are two of the most reported culprits of back injuries. Even a trip, slip or a fall can result in a back injury. Back pain can be felt anywhere from your neck to your tailbone, and for most, back pain goes away after a month or so, though many suffer for longer. If you have suffered a back injury or back pain due to the wrongdoing of another, you may be entitled to financial compensation for your losses. An experienced personal injury attorneycan help.
Your back is comprised of three main components going down the rear of your midsection. A problem in any of these areas can result in pain:
- Spine (joint and bones)
- Discs, located between the bones (vertebrae)
- Muscles and ligaments connecting the spine
Back injuries can be minor, moderate, or severe. Commonly, an injury results from a sudden or abnormal movement of the back.
Minor back injuries can be the result of:
- A short-distance fall
Severe back injury causes include:
- Motor vehicle accidents (car, motorcycle, bus or truck)
- A long-distance fall
- A severe twisting of the back
- A direct hit to the top of the head
The onset of back pain can be slow or sudden (acute). Normally back pain resulting from an injury is severe and acute. Sudden back pain is characterized by:
- Pain that lasts less than a month and a half
- Swelling and/or bruising in the area of injury
Acute back pain injuries include:
- A broken or dislocated spine, including a spinal fracture. Paralysis, in some form, is often the result of this type of injury.
- A torn or herniated disc
- A back strain or sprain which injures the back muscles and/or ligaments
- Back nerve compression
Slow onset/overuse back pain is normally caused by overuse of the back. Symptoms of this sort of back pain include stiffness, pain, or spasms. Overuse injuries include:
- Repetitive back strain resulting from work activities
- Heavy lifting without proper support or poor posture
The treatment prescribed for back pain relies on the source of the pain. Severe injury-related pain can require surgery and subsequent extensive recovery, while minor pain often goes away by itself in weeks. Other treatment includes physical therapy and medicine.
If you or someone close to you is suffering from back pain due to wrongdoing or negligence in Santa Ana, our personal injury attorneys want to help. Please contact HN Injury Lawyers at (657) 333-5726, and will we give you a free and confidential consultation to determine if you may be eligible for compensation for your pain. Call us now.
Recent Case Results
- $250,000 - Auto Accident Involving Back Injury
Click here to view more legal case results.