Top Causes of Accidental Fatalities in the U.S.
Sadly, tens of thousands of innocent people lose their lives in preventable accidents each year, and sometimes, these accidents happen because someone didn’t act as they should. If you suspect your loved one lost their lives at the fault of someone else, an attorney can help.
Out of all the types of deaths that occur, it is the preventable ones that often sting the most. When someone else is responsible for causing the circumstances that led to a fatal injury, the death is needless. It shouldn’t have happened. If someone you love sustained an injury that led to their death, you might have a wrongful death claim. Skilled Santa Ana wrongful death lawyers can help you determine if another party’s negligence caused the circumstances surrounding your loved one’s death.
Accidental Deaths in the United States
According to the National Vital Statistics System – Mortality data (2018) via CDC WONDER:
- 167,127 deaths resulted from accidental injuries in 2018 alone
- Deaths per 100,000 people were 51.1
- Accidental deaths were the third leading cause of death
Types of Accidental Deaths
Numerous types of accidents, many of which are the fault of another party, lead to thousands of Americans’ deaths each year. Consider the top causes of accidental deaths in the U.S.:
- Unintentional fall deaths are caused by negligent property owners, employers, medical and nursing home staff negligence. They cause 37,455 deaths per year, which are 11.4 deaths per 100,000 people.
- Motor vehicle traffic accidents caused slightly more than unintentionally fall deaths in 2018. The number of people who lost their lives in these accidents was 37,991, with 11.6 deaths per 100,000 people.
- Unintentional poisoning deaths were significantly higher than falls and traffic accidents at 62,399. The deaths per 100,000 people were 19.1.
Other unintentional deaths that might necessitate help from seasoned Santa Ana wrongful death attorneys include:
- Pedestrian or bicycle accidents
- Medical malpractice
- Drowning or boating accidents
- Workplace accidents and illnesses
- Defective products
No matter how another person or party caused the death of your loved one, Santa Ana wrongful death lawyers can help you and your family seek the compensation deserved for their loss.
Turn to the Compassionate Santa Ana Wrongful Death Lawyers
The death of a loved one is tragic. It takes time to process their absence in your life. If their death arose out of the negligence of someone else, we can help. Our attorneys can go to work seeking justice and compensation on behalf of your family while you take the time to grieve your deep loss. We can help determine who should file the wrongful death suit and what types of damages your family can claim.
Book your wrongful death legal consultation with Santa Ana wrongful death attorneys at Hess & Nghiem. Call (657) 333-5726 or reach out to us online today. Time is of the essence, so contact us as soon as possible for help.