Santa Ana Rollover Accident Lawyers
A rollover accident often leads to serious or catastrophic injuries. The driver and passengers are thrown in the vehicle, and can be seriously injured, even with seatbelts, and protected by airbags. These accidents can take place on our local freeways, interstate highways, or local city streets. If a rollover accident resulted from the negligent driving conduct of another individual, you have the right to seek compensation for damages by filing a claim or lawsuit.
A rollover accident can occur due to several types of negligent driving behavior, including:
- Excessive speed: When a driver impacts another vehicle at an excessive speed, the impacted vehicle may be shoved into a stationary object, another vehicle, or be knocked off the center of gravity, causing a rollover.
- Reckless driving: Reckless driving is common in Orange County, with some drivers taking risks, swerving around vehicles, changing lanes dangerously, and putting other drivers and their passengers at risk of suffering serious injuries in a rollover accident.
- Sideswipe collision (T-bone): When a car, truck, van, or SUV is hit in a sideswipe, it can be forced out of lanes and roll over after a collision with another vehicle or stationary object.
- Alcohol or drug intoxicated driver: A drunk or drugged driver is far more likely to drive recklessly, make serious errors, and through their conduct, cause a rollover accident.
- Distracted driving: Many drivers focus on their cellphones, whether in a conversation or texting while driving. The failure to keep their eyes on the road ahead can result in a serious accident where another vehicle rolls over, leaving innocent people seriously injured.
- Equipment failure: A rollover can occur due to defective tires, brake failure, or other vehicle system failure.
Sadly, a rollover could leave an innocent person seriously or permanently injured, especially if they were ejected from the vehicle. The value of the damages paid to the victim in a claim or lawsuit will reflect the extent of the injuries and the long-term impact on the life of the injured. Several types of damages must be vigorously pursued, usually with the assistance of a skilled Santa Ana rollover accident attorney with extensive trial experience. The damages sought will include:
- Economic damages: These are the actual financial losses associated with medical care after the accident and estimated for the future, along with loss of income from work, losses due to loss of earning capacity, and all other hard costs.
- Non-economic damages: The personal losses experienced by a seriously injured person are often life-altering. These damages reflect the personal losses of the victim and include pain and suffering, loss of quality of life, and the emotional anguish experienced by a seriously injured individual, among others.
A rollover accident often leads to very serious or fatal injuries. Some of the common injuries sustained in these collisions include:
- Spinal cord injuries
- Neck injuries
- Broken bones
- Internal organ damage
- Crush injuries
- Head injuries
- TBI (traumatic brain injury)
- Back injuries
- Fatal injuries
After a rollover accident, law enforcement and emergency personnel are dispatched to the scene, and the injured are transported to the hospital. Police accident investigators will determine what they believe to be the cause of the collision. In many cases, the report issued by police is a critical piece of evidence in a successful claim. In others, it may be necessary to get assistance from a professional accident reconstruction expert to determine the cause of the rollover. Video footage and eyewitness testimony may be needed, as well as an evaluation of the vehicles involved in the crash. When the at-fault driver is identified, a claim or lawsuit can be filed to seek compensation for all damages.
At HN Injury Lawyers, we are proud of the legal talent of our partners. We have a former deputy district attorney and partner in a national defense firm that defended insurance companies who has gained deep insight into the various strategies insurance companies may employ to reduce the value of a claim. When we take on a rollover accident case, we go the distance to evaluate every detail of the case, and we pursue the level of compensation our clients deserve.
Contact HN Injury Lawyers today at (657) 333-5726 for a free case consultation.