Santa Ana Wrong-Way Driver Crash Attorneys
Let Our Legal Team Fight for the Compensation You Deserve After a Wrong-Way Driver Crash in Santa Ana
Wrong-way car accidents are often severe and could result in catastrophic injuries. Although they are not as common as other accidents on the road, many are deadly. These accidents are hazardous due to the force of impact that destroys the front of the vehicle and flying debris, which could also cause injury to those involved. At HN Injury Lawyers, our skilled team of car accident attorneys in Santa Ana is backed by over 50 years of combined experience. You could rely on us to provide the professional legal representation and advice you need to navigate your case. Reach out to our law office today at (657) 333-5726 to schedule a free case review with a member of our legal team to get started.
According to a study by the National Transportation Safety Board, 75% of all wrong-way car accidents are caused by drunk drivers. That said, there are other causes behind wrong-way accidents, including:
- Driver error: Alcohol is not the only culprit behind wrong-way accidents. Fatigued driving and distracted driving could also result in wrong-way crashes.
- Poor signage: Signs on the road are not always clear enough for drivers. If a sign is not visible or difficult to understand, a driver could end up on the wrong side of the road.
- Road design: When roads are poorly designed, this could also result in a wrong-way accident.
- Weather conditions: Inclement weather, such as heavy rain or fog, could make it challenging for drivers to see road signs or markings. As a result, a driver could end up in a wrong-way car accident.
- Vehicle malfunction: A defective or malfunctioning part in your vehicle could be incredibly dangerous. A faulty GPS or a blown tire could cause drivers to go the wrong way, causing an accident.
Given how dangerous wrong-way car accidents are, it is no surprise that the consequences are often severe. These are some of the most common injuries sustained in these types of accidents:
- Internal organ damage
- Traumatic brain injuries
- Broken bones
- Dental injuries
- Severe spinal cord and back injuries
- Temporary or permanent paralysis
- Damage to the eyes, face, or eye sockets
- Severe burns from an explosion or chemicals
- Emotional trauma
Some of these injuries could even lead to death. A study by the National Transportation Safety Board stated that about 360 people die in wrong-way car accidents every year.
After a Santa Ana wrong-way accident, there are some important steps you should take:
- Call 9-1-1 and, if necessary, request emergency medical assistance.
- If you are able to, try to document the scene of the accident with photos.
- Exchange contact information with the other driver involved. You should also obtain contact information for other passengers and anyone who might have witnessed the accident.
- Call your insurance company.
- Seek medical attention as soon as possible.
- Contact our experienced personal injury team to help guide you through your claim.
By filing a claim, you could recover compensation that covers your medical bills, property damage, lost wages, and pain and suffering.
If you sustained injuries in a wrong-way crash that was caused by another party’s negligent or reckless actions, do not hesitate to contact the Santa Ana wrong-way accident attorneys at HN Injury Lawyers. Our experienced lawyers have tried over 100 jury trials. When you turn to us, you can expect us to provide compassionate guidance and skilled representation. Our goal is to help you recover the fair and just compensation you need to get back on your feet. Call us today at (657) 333-5726 to schedule a free consultation.