Helping Car Accident Victims in Santa Ana
In 2018, U.S. roads saw 33,654 fatal motor vehicle crashes, causing the deaths of 36,560 people, according to data from the U.S. Department of Transportation’s Fatality Analysis Reporting System (FARS). A total of 3,259 of these crashes occurred in California alone, with 3,563 deaths. Most of these accidents were highly preventable if it were not for the negligence of other drivers, businesses, and even government entities.
If you’ve recently been injured in a car accident, the Santa Ana car accident lawyers at Hess & Nghiem can help. Never wait to contact our office to set up a consultation to learn about your rights.
Causes of California Car Accidents
When you hire our Santa Ana car accident attorneys, we will examine what happened to cause your accident and hold the appropriate parties accountable for the damages they caused. Common causes of car accidents in California include:
- Impaired driving involving alcohol and either prescription or illegal drugs
- Distractions such as smartphones, car audio systems, eating or talking to other passengers
- Speeding increases the risk of accidents and the risk that accidents will cause injuries or even become deadly
- Improper vehicle maintenance—all drivers are responsible for driving a safe, maintained vehicle, and when they don’t, accidents can occur
- Poor road designs, malfunctioning traffic lights, and other road problems that municipalities are responsible for
Sometimes, several factors contribute to an accident, and multiple parties are liable. When this happens, you can file a claim against each liable party.
The Elements of Negligence
When you meet with our experienced Santa Ana car accident lawyers to discuss your case, they will be looking to see if the elements of negligence exist and can be proven. These elements include:
- Duty: Someone owed you a duty of care, such as another driver needs to drive the speed limit or stop at a stoplight
- Breach of duty: That person breached their duty of care, for instance, a speeding driver or one that doesn’t maintain their vehicle
- Injuries: The breach of duty directly caused your injuries
- Damages: Your damages are the result of your injuries
If our Santa Ana car accident attorneys recognize these elements in your accident case and are confident they can prove them, they will agree to take on your case. If they don’t believe you have a claim, they will let you know, tell you why, and help you determine what you can do.
Find Out How Our Skilled Santa Ana Car Accident Lawyers Can Help You
At Hess & Nghiem, we will seek the maximum compensation available under the law for your particular injuries. Our goal is to get you the legal help that you need, whether you’ve healed or will need care for the foreseeable future.
If you are a victim of a car accident in California, contact our skilled Santa Ana car accident attorneys at (657) 333-5726 or connect with us online today. You can learn how we can help by scheduling a free case consultation.